Terms and Conditions of Sale
By placing an order with Salvona you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set forth by Salvona for current and all future purchase orders.
(Last Updated March 28, 2017)
- Prices and Terms. Price, terms and availability of merchandise are subject to change without notice, including but not limited to changes caused by the fluctuations in market price, availability or quality of any of the items employed in the manufacture of the goods described herein. Salvona LLC (“Salvona”) may increase the prices for goods under this contract by providing the Buyer with at least five (5) days prior written notice. Such increased prices shall be deemed to be accepted by the Buyer unless, before the effective date of such increase, the Buyer notifies Salvona in writing to the contrary, whereupon Salvona shall have the right to terminate this contract with respect to such goods or to continue shipments without such increase. Unless otherwise provided on the face hereof, payment hereunder shall be due net thirty (30) days from the date of shipment. All amounts past due shall bear interest at the rate equal to the lower of (a) 1.5% per month or (b) the maximum rate allowable by applicable law. Salvona’s obligation to produce or deliver hereunder is conditioned upon the continued good credit of Buyer and upon Buyer’s payment when due of any sum owing by Buyer to Salvona under any agreement between the parties. Based on Salvona’s reasonable judgment, if Buyer’s financial condition at the time the merchandise is ready for shipment does not justify the terms specified, Salvona reserves the right to change these terms, to require full or partial payment in advance, or to ship the goods C.O.D.
- Taxes. Any taxes or other government levy or charge (or any increase in same) which Salvona may be required to pay or collect, under any existing or future law, upon or with respect to the sale, purchase, delivery, storage, processing, use or consumption of any of the material covered hereby, including taxes upon or measured by the receipts from the sale thereof, shall be for the account of Buyer, and may, at Salvona’s option, be added to the price of good shipped hereunder.
- Shipments. Shipment dates are based upon Salvona’s best judgment and are subject to factory schedules and production limitations, and hence are not guaranteed.
- Delivery In Installments. Salvona reserves the right to make delivery in installments, unless otherwise expressly stipulated herein. All such installments shall be separately invoiced and paid for when due, without regard to subsequent deliveries. Delay in delivery of any installment shall not relieve Buyer of its obligation to accept remaining.
- Delay; Force Majeure. Salvona shall not be liable for delays in performance caused by force majeure, act of God, fire or other casualty, accident, strike, boycotts, shortage of labor or materials, governmental action or other cause beyond Salvona’s reasonable control; and the time for Salvona’s performance shall be extended by the period of any such delay. Salvona reserves the right to apportion its production among its customers as it may determine.
- Limited Warranty. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH HEREIN, SALVONA MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No agent, employee, or representative of Salvona has any authority to bind Salvona to any affirmation, representation or warranty concerning the goods sold pursuant to the terms hereof, and unless an affirmation, representation or warranty made by an agent, employee or representative is specifically included herein, it is not deemed part of the basis of this bargain.
- Liability. Except to the extent that such is solely and directly caused by Salvona’s breach of its obligations hereunder, Buyer assumes all liability arising out of compliance with any laws, rules or regulations relating to any product or container therefor. In no event shall Salvona be liable for incidental, consequential or other damages from alleged negligence, breach of warranty, strict liability or any other theory, arising from the use or handling of the chemicals it sells. The sole liability, if any, of Salvona for any claims arising out of the product deemed defective, not meeting Salvona’s specifications as defined in the materials certificate of analysis.
In accepting the products described herein, Buyer shall be deemed to have declared itself familiar with the nature, hazards and use of the products and their containers and shall assume all liability resulting from or in any way connected with the unloading, discharge, storage, handling, possession, use and disposal of any product or container therefore, including, without limitation, the use of such product or container alone or in combination with other substances, except to the extent that such liability results from Salvona’s gross negligence or willful misconduct. Salvona shall not be liable for any damage, injury or loss of any indirect or consequential nature suffered by Buyer, however and whenever caused, including, without limitation, loss of sales, revenue or profit.
- Indemnification. Buyer shall defend, indemnify and hold Salvona and its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, liability, expenses, costs, or losses arising from (i) Buyer’s improper use of the product; (ii) Buyer’s combination or use of the products with third party products; (iii) misuse of any product by an end user; (iv) the acts or omissions of Buyer hereunder; and (v) any breach by Buyer of its obligations hereunder.
- Inspection; Claims. Buyer shall examine goods upon receipt and shall notify Salvona, in writing, of any non-conforming goods within fifteen (15) days of receipt thereof at destination. Failure to timely give such notice shall constitute an irrevocable acceptance of the goods. No claims, of any kind, by Buyer shall be valid without notice, as specified. Buyer shall afford Salvona a reasonable opportunity to inspect the material and repair or replace any materials determined by Salvona to be non-conforming.
- Remedy for Non-Conforming Goods. If the goods furnished to Buyer shall fail to conform to this contract, Salvona, at its discretion, shall, within thirty (30) days of notice of said non-conformity, issue credit for or shall replace such non- conforming goods at the original point of delivery and shall furnish instructions for the disposition of the non-conforming goods. Any transportation charges involved in such disposition shall be for Salvona’s account. Buyer’s exclusive and sole remedy on account of or in respect to the furnishing of goods that do not conform to this contract shall be secure credit or replacement thereof as aforesaid. Salvona shall not, in any event, be liable for any special, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages to anyone by reason of the fact that such goods do not conform to this contract.
- Governing Law. This contract and any disputes relating hereto shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard to the conflicts of law principles.
- Non-Waiver. Waiver by Salvona of the breach of any of the terms and conditions of this contract shall not be construed as a waiver of any other breach.
- Risk of Loss. All shipments will be EXW departure origin. Risk of loss of or damage to the goods passes to Buyer upon EXW departure origin. Title remains with Salvona until Salvona receives payment for said goods.
- Responsible Care. Both parties agree to handle, store, transport, and dispose of the products in reasonable manner with appropriate regard for the safety of their employees and the general public, and agree to comply with all applicable environmental, transportation and safety regulations. Either party has the right to suspend product transfer upon thirty (30) days prior written notice if the other party does not comply with the above criteria. This contract may be terminated ninety (90) days after such suspension of the area of non-compliance has not been remedied.
- Termination. Without prejudice to any other remedy, Salvona may immediately terminate this contract and any other agreement with Buyer should Buyer fail to timely perform any obligation hereunder.
- Assignment. This contract shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties and their respective successors and assigns. This contract is not assignable by Buyer without the Salvona’s prior written consent, but may be assigned by Salvona without Buyer’s consent.
- Order Cancellation and Restocking. Buyer shall have a period of 3 business days after an order is confirmed to cancel the order. Should the Buyer, for any reason, choose to cancel the order after this period a penalty fee up to 50% of the order total may be incurred to cover reasonable expenses by Salvona for the preparation and production of the order.
- Returns and Exchanges. All sales are final and no returns or exchanges are offered for reasons other than non-conformity.
- Order Amendments. Buyer shall have a period of 3 business days after an order is confirmed to make any amendments to the quantity and price of the order. Once the initial time period has passed, Salvona reserves the right to refuse any order amendments and request a new order be issued for the requested goods. Amendments may affect delivery date.
- Storage. In requesting a delay in delivery of the products described herein, Buyer may request storage from Salvona, pending availability. Storage of products will be calculated at 3% of the total order, on a monthly basis. At any time Salvona may request that the Buyer take delivery of products in storage and notes that any dates of expiration and longevity begin when the material was made ready for the Buyer to receive, not when the Buyer elects to take material from Salvona’s storage.