State of the art, patented, controlled-release delivery systems for the cosmeceutical and pharmaceutical industries.
Spheres suspended in water and in hydro-alcoholic environments, ideal for spray, water-based, alcoholic and gel products. HydroSal™ provides longer lasting effects and in some cases water triggered release. The release rate is controlled by the choice of polymers used to construct the system.
- Highly compatible water or alcohol based delivery system
- Sustained release of functional ingredients
- Controlled moisture trigger release system - release upon need in response to body moisture or upon rewetting the target surface
- Prolonged release to target site
- Capable to perform a burst-like and rapid depletion release
- small in particle size- idea for spray applications
Consists of sub-micron particles ranging in size from 0.1 to 5 microns. This technology was designed specifically for the cosmetic and personal care industries. SalSphere™ is not defined as nanotechnology per the FDA due to its larger particle size range (over 0.1 microns).
- Prolonged Product Shelf Life
- Improved Stability of functional ingredients
- Targeted delivery of functional ingredients to desired site
- Reduced reapplication occurrences and improved treatment effect
- Extended release of functional ingredients
- Heat triggered and controlled release system
- Bioadhesiveness to tissue (e.g. skin, hair care and oral cavity)
- Enhanced bioavailability by improving cell absorption and increasing intracellular accumulation
Water-sensitive microspheres containing hydrophobic nanoparticles for targeted, heat-triggered, or pH-triggered release. Product formulated with MultiSal™ may have enhanced bioavailability. The microspheres may contain nanospheres (SalSphere™) loaded with one or various functional ingredients and be adjusted to release one functional ingredient following another. MultiSal™ is also a way to transport SalSphere ™ in a dry form.
- Improved stability of functional ingredients
- Prolonged Shelf Life
- Protection of Ingredients and Sensory markers against oxidation
- A consecutive release of two or more functional ingredients
- Taste Making
- High retention of volatile ingredients
- Targeted delivery of functional ingredients
- Moisture, heat, or pH triggered control release system
- Enhanced bioavailability by improving cell absorption and increasing inter-cellular accumulation
The Possibilities Are Endless
Salvona Technologies are being used by leading health care, diagnostic, personal care, household, food, and nutraceutical companies across the globe. Below are just a few examples of possible uses for Salvona technologies in the health and personal care markets.
|Technology||Health Care||Personal Care|
|HydroSal™||Pharmaceuticals • sunscreens • skin treatment products||Skin moisturizers • body splash • fine fragrance sprays • body lotions and creams • aftershave products • hair sprays, styling products, and leave-on conditioners • foot antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-fungal, and other treatment products • underarm deodorants and antiperspirants • anti aging lotions and creams • cosmetic applicators|
|SalSphere™||Delivery of active ingredients which exert a local physiological effect and systematic effects • IV injectables • oral drug delivery • oral care • topical applications • x-ray contrast agents • ultrasound contrast agents • enhancement agents for MRI and Tomography • positron emission agents • delivery of monoclonal antibody markers for tumors||Oral care products • hair care products • scalp treatment products • liquid soaps • body washes • lotions and creams • skin treatment products • cosmetics • sunscreens • non-woven products|
|MultiSal™||Delivery of active ingredients which exert a local physiological effect and systemic effects||Oral care products • hair care products • body washes • silicon lotions and creams • lipsticks • lip balms • cosmetics • non-woven products • body powders • soap bars • underarm products|